Saturday, March 01, 2008

Stream of Conscienceness blogging

Bear with me.......
I've been looking for shaving stuff on eBay lately and came across some good links...

A Straight Razor Forum, This has all of the questions, answers, tips & techniques for shaving with a straight razor but also buying old razors and restoring them to top notch form.

A good place for sharpening stones and hones, I have my old Boy Scout stone but I think I do more damage with it than good.... I need something around 3000-8000 grit.

I think Paul McCartney'S Silly Love Songs is one of my favorite of his.

I went on a field trip with Sheridan yesterday. I joined Springdale Elementary's 3rd grade on their trip to the State House and visited the Confedeate Relic Museum. I know all of you Yankee are snickering about that Confederate Relic Museum, but It was much better than I thought it would be and the staff was very entertaining and knowledgable. I went free but for $6 admission, it's worth it when you're visiting through Columbia. I was surprised that it wasn't just "guns & uniform" place and more than "those damn yankees ruined everything!" They have lots of stuff from Wade Hampton. They also talk a lot about the Confederate Veterans post war too which I thought was interesteing.

The State House was cool too. Especially the bronze stars marking the 6 places hit by General Sherman's cannonballs! Great architecture and gardens on the property too.

I looking at going back to graduate school this fall. I need to take a few calculus courses to bone up a bit but I'm looking at a Master's of Industrial Statistics degree at USC.

I placed the first of my garden seed order this past week.... getting the green thumb itch soon. More to post later.

Kimberly is a 2 mini-semesters away from graduating nursing school! We're going to have a hum dinger of a party after she graduates!

more soon




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home