Sunday, August 02, 2009

Pictures of the week

I added a second super to my beehive the other day. This gives the bees more room to live and store honey! I won't be harvesting any large amounts of honey until next summer but I stole a bit to taste when I opened the hive up. Mmmmmm. So much better than Sue Bee
I was out in the garden the other day and saw a butterfly (an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail) around Sheridan's sunflowers. I thought it would make a great picture. I thought it came out pretty well.
While at a rest area near the North Carolina/Virginia border I saw the above sign. Straight, direct and to the point. If that doesn't get you to pick up after Fido I don't know what will.

Lastly, I was cooking last week. Making some jambalaya. I paused for a moment and thought it would make a good "Living the High Life" picture. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger David Makar said...

I think the meat needs to be cooked for the ad. Other than that - yum!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuccin brilliant. needs to be in a magazine

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home