Sunday, November 19, 2006

If anyone ever wants to overhaul me......


I was watching TV the other night and surfing through the nerd channels I came across an episode of Overhaulin' that was working on a 1966 F-100. Now Colonel Mustard is a 1973 F-100 so I just had to watch to see what they did to it. They did a great job even though Nick Lechey was the special accomplice. I especially like the black and silver paint job. As they where asking Mr. Brittany Spears what he thought his brother's truck should be like I thought what if someone was doing my truck? What would they say? To make everyone' s life easier I thought I would give you some guidelines.
  • DO NOT lower the truck!! there is a reason why I put this first. If you know me enough to have me Overhauled, then you know I don't want a ghetto sled.
  • Tires and wheels should be large but not monster truck size. Wheels should look tough and mean not flashy & bling bling. Colonel Mustard is an Explorer model but it wasn't born in da' hood.
  • Right now I'm looking to keep the color the original Bright Lime or at least an original 1973 Ford color. I do like the way they painted the Lechey truck though. Very traditional looking but also customized and manly looking. Rhino line that bed too.
  • Leather, leather, leather. Not patterned velour, nawgahide or other space age material. The colors, of course, should match or compliment the exterior paint since the dashboard is sheet metal like the fenders. Some wood trim would be nice too. You can redo the gauges but I don't need some NASCAR looking race gauges telling me everything could ever need to know.
  • I'm not looking for a thumpin' system but something better that the original 2 Am 2 FM push button dial radio. Maybe XM or Sirius, whichever has the MLB baseball package and of course NPR.
  • In the show they put a chromed out 351 V8 in. Right now The Colonel has a rebuilt 390 V8. You can rebuild the engine or add chrome pulleys or trim but keep the 390. I just love getting 10 mpg!

Just imagine what Colonel Mustard would look like all redone.....


of course if some nice friend ever decided to Overhaul me... this would be the link you need.
http://www.overhaulin.com/overhaulme.asp

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick Lechey is Mr. Jessica Simpson. Not Mr. Britney Spears, that would be Kevin Federline, aka K-Fed. Although, ironically, neither couple is still together. Geez, what kind of world do we live in when you can't even depend on a celebrity marriage to stay together? Let's hope TomKat changes the trends and has several years of scientology bliss together.

9:44 PM  
Blogger James said...

Thanks Mike, I can't for the life of me think how I got that one wrong. Your Hollywood knowledge is, as always, perfect.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home