Sunday, November 05, 2006

My inner song list....

been a while since I've written anything here. Just been a bit busy or tired or both. My new goal is to pick up an extra shift once a week for the rest of the year. It should make for a nice Christmas and start of 2007. But working 50+ hours a week does wear on you a bit. Okay, so the other day while working I found myself with different songs caught in my head and got to wondering how many different songs I think of (and sing along in my head) during the day. So I figured I would take one day and write down every song that was stuck in my head. I did this last week and I finally have some time to post the results. Here's what I wrote down.

  • Hey Mister that's me up on the jukebox -James Taylor
  • My baby takes the morning train - Sheena Easton
  • Infactuation - Rod Stewart
  • I dream of Jeannie theme/Hajii - The mighty mighty bosstones
  • Bartender's Song - The mighty mighty bosstones
  • Voodoo Lady - Ween
  • Right Place, Wrong Time - Dr. John

I'm not sure where many of these songs came from. Most popped into my head or maybe I heard a riff or word or remembered something that triggered a song. The day started kind of relaxing and then turned more rock oriented. The order is how I thought of them but sometimes earlier songs made comebacks into my subconscious multiple times during the day. Sheena E. did that quite a few times that day. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has ever kept track of what songs go through their head in a day. BTW, I work in a pet food factory that is a bit noisy so there was really no influence from a radio or television.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Baby Takes the morning train, he works from 9 to 5 and then, he takes another home again.....great, now it's stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.

6:47 PM  
Blogger James said...

Anytime Disco Stu

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two classic Bosstones tunes. You've now inspired me to go dust off Devil's Night Out and give it a good listening-to.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home