Sunday, December 03, 2006

Independance is good or why cats are better than dogs....


Okay, so it's late on a Saturday night.... I'm watching one of the funniest Saturday Night Live episodes in a long while.... I have a good Carlo Rossi $11.99/gallon buzz on. And then, I figure I would let Edward inside (Edward is my[our] cat).
It's cold outside, maybe 37F. He is about 6 feet away from the door, paws tucked under him, all puffed up, like he is relaxing on a nice June afternoon..... and looks at me.... like... "Why the hell would I ever want to come inside?", I picture him saying under his breath, "It could be -15F and I would stay outside tonight, just because you want me inside. I am the King of my house! And the King does as he pleases!!!"

You see, cats do what they want, when they want. You cannot teach a cat tricks, he will do a trick whenever he damn well feels like it. And if it's when you want him to, then better for you! If not then, Oh well. I like dogs, they serve man well. but........ they are not equals to humans, they look to serve people. They will guard your house, point at your hunting prey or fetch your slippers. But a cat.... a cat will tell you to fuck off any time he feels like it and all because you think you know what he wants.... James Dean in a fur coat I tell ya....

PS - the pic is from earlier this September, but the expression on his face is priceless.... anyone who "owns" a cat knows what I mean.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - the look is universal! Our cat wakes us at 2am to be let out and then has to be literally booted out the door.

I love dogs - but dogs are like children. And the last thing we need around here is another kid!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home