Wednesday, December 27, 2006

2 Minute sports roundup


Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! It's been a bit since I have written anything so I figured I would get my feet wet with a little sports talk.

The signing of Daisuke Matsuzaka is big news in Red Sox Nation. I like the deal, $100 is a lot of money to spend overall but I think he is a potential Cy Young winner. And the $52 million posting fee will be made back easily selling pink Sox hats to teenage girls in Tokyo; and be prepared to see a billboard written in japanese behind Manny. And as for the latest with J. D. Drew... the Sox's medical staff is at the top of their game..... Remember them warning about a 4th year for Pedro?? Passing on Kip Wells at the trade deadline last year? Passing on Eric Gagne this offseason... if the medical staff smells smoke, I'd leave the building. It was also nice that they kept quiet about it with Mr. Boras until Matsusaka was signed. Sneaky if you ask me... But the last thing I want is an overpriced Trot Nixon. I love Trot and if the Sox end up paying top dollar for someone to miss 40 games a season it will be a big mistake. They could have signed Nixon for a lot cheaper and kept fan favorite. That's why they play the games I guess.

Now for the Bruins..... They have turned around a horrible October to a very good Nov. & Dec. Of course much of that has to do with the spectacular play of Tim Thomas in net (he was the NHL's #1 star 2 weeks ago). Patrice Bergeron and Marc Savard have to be one of the best one two centers on ANY team! And we have them locked up for the next 5 & 4 years respectively! Chara has been a bit of a letdown in the offense department but he is still one of the best big defenseman in Original Thirty.


I'll write some more later this week, I've been doing some garden planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home