Wednesday, October 24, 2007

26 through 50

Here's the next installment.....
  1. Five for Fighting - Superman
  2. Dr. John - Right Place, Wrong Time - Great bluesy number, A classic.
  3. Jackson Brown - Doctor My Eyes - One of my favorites of his.
  4. Billy Idol - Dancin' With Myself - Great bar jukebox song.
  5. Paul Revere & the Raiders - Kicks - An oldie that never gets enough airplay
  6. The Ramones - Rock & Roll High School - Tough to pick a favorite but I like this one the best.
  7. Ac/DC - you shook me all night long - By far the best stripper song in the world, so I've heard.
  8. The Clash - The Magnificent Seven - By far the hardest choice so far.
  9. REM - Superman - Another tough one that never get any airplay.
  10. Sugarcubes - Birthday - I was searching for a Bjork song but I like this one better than her solo stuff.
  11. Buffalo Tom - I'm Allowed - Another great Boston band that never got more national exposure. Big Red Letter Day is an awesome album!
  12. The Killers - Mr. Brightside - Great newer band and the best of their stuff.
  13. Dave Brubeck - Take 5 - Jazz classic. I remember PBS used this tune for morning TV intermissions.
  14. Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive - I like the Bee Gees no matter what anyone says.
  15. The Violent Femmes - 36-24-36 - Tough call but my favorite.
  16. Mathew Sweet - Girlfriend - Good little hit, I wish he had more.
  17. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Drunks & Children - Or any other incarnation of the song. Best heard live.
  18. Prince - Kiss - Lots of choices but this is the cream of the crop
  19. Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod - Great industrial type song, lots of fun too!
  20. Kiss - Rock & Roll All Night - A little cliche but it still rocks!
  21. U2 - One - Does anyone remember that there were 2 videos for this? I liked the one with the two cars with a man and a women painted on top searching for each other as they drive around town.
  22. James Taylor - Handyman - Another tough choice but this is my favorite JT. Awesome concerts too!
  23. Sir Mix-a-lot - Baby Got Back - My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun! nuff said!
  24. Frank Sinatra - In other words - A swinging classic.
  25. Sonic Youth - Kool Thing - Another hard rocking alternative song. Love the lyrics too.
More to come soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home