Friday, March 21, 2008

Check it out.... & 2008 Victory Garden update

While taking the boys to the library yesterday, I was perusing through the home improvement section and a gardening book caught my eye. Check out Great Garden Shortcuts by Joan Benjamin. Lots of great ideas for organizing, planning and working in your garden. I liked the idea of using a bottle bottom to make an impression in the soil to mark spacing of seeds. Lots of ideas about planning and also working more efficiently in your garden. I blew through it in a night and took what I wanted out of it. now it's back to the library.....

Also, I've spent the past 2 days getting the garden ready for spring. I took Colonel Mustard down to the county composting facility to fill him up for $20 (well, as much as I could before the bed was below the rear tires and the front tires were raised enough to make it hard to steer). I added another raised bed this year but am still running out of room. This year I've dedicated an entire bed to garlic and onions so the addition of a 4th bed only brings me back to my original 3 beds for everything else. I'll be spending the rest of the day figuring out where I plant the last few things most efficiently. My Seed Saver order was shipper Thursday so hopefully I'll be fully planted buy next week! Happy Gardening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home