Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mmmmmead......


I making some mead this morning. Yummy! The last time I made some (about 4 years ago) it was a bit sweet but very good. I bottled it in flip top Grolsch bottles, I think I might use champagne bottles this time. The alcohol was a bit high and combined with the sweetness, a 16 oz. bottle was more than one serving. I'm hoping to make it a bit drier this time. I'm using 10.5 pounds of honey (12 pounds last time) and adding some cloves, cinnamon & orange zest. I'm using some dry champagne yeast for fermentation. It takes a while to fully ferment so it will be ready for the holidays (hopefully!). I'll keep the progress posted here..... I've been in a brewing mood lately but I think I may try some hard cider next. If anyone has any recipes, feel free to pass them along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home